30 Day Challenge - Day 6
Write 30 interesting facts about yourself…
How about ten…
1. I eat mostly raw vegan, and it makes me feel amazing!
2. I have five tattoos…for now.
3. I can speak spanish…
4. My name, Jiveny means “garden of life”
5. Rock ‘n Roll over Pop music, Blues over Hip-hop
6. My parents are both shrinks.
7. I have been traveling around the road on/off for five years now. I left home exactly one year ago for this current trip. Current location: Israel
8. My appearance can sometimes be misleading, but I am a hippy at heart. Or a Hipsy (Hippie + Gypsy) as my friend Dasi calls it.
9. Nothing against those who love it, but I have never really been into marijuana. I do love hemp though and really hope to see it legalised soon.
10. I seem to be rather attracted to extreme spiritual experiences, such as vision quests, dieta in the amazon, vipassana and perhaps in the future a 21 day breatharian initiation…
30 Day Challenge - Day 4
What are your views on religion?
I have never been a fan of organised religion - it is just too blind, misguided and full of dogma for me to accept.
When I was a kid at school, my parents thankfully took my brother and I out of christian education and organised for us to do Bahai classes instead. They thought that by doing this, we could learn about all the different religions and choose what we wanted to believe for ourselves. For this freedom of thought, I am grateful.
I have always been fascinated by spirituality and sought a deeper connection with the universe. In my own way, I have found this through reading, traveling and connecting with nature. Yoga, meditation, psychedelic substances and raw food have also been great tools along this path.
While I do recognise there is some useful truths in all religions, I just can’t swallow the plot holes. From what I can see, most religions were created by the power-hungry. That is why, at the insightful age of 10 I decided that none of these organised religions were for me. Instead I’d build my own. Ever since that day, I have been constructing my own faith, based on my experiences and insights from books and conversations that ring true to my soul.
I have been writing for years now about my own spiritual truths here.
carpethedamndiem asked: Vulnerability is the key to Divinity... complete mastery over your Self only comes hand-in-hand with submission to your Self. You get this. Intimately and Completely.
Thank you. I try. Its always easier with words on paper, but I am really working on opening up my voice. I still have blockages from childhood i am working on releasing…